I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but things are changing. My mom still calls me on my old-fashioned home phone (which is a landline), and she asks me how to do things that have been done for years now thanks to smart phones. I admit: It was hard for me at first to switch from a traditional phone to a smart one. But once I got used to it, I realized that there are many benefits to moving away from traditional phones — including the ability to check in with your kids while they’re playing sports or doing homework without having an actual conversation with them.
I’m a single mom and I work from home.
I’m a single mom and I work from home. I have a son who is active in sports, so I need to be available for him at all times. For example, if he has practice or a game, I need to be able to check on him while he’s playing so that I can see how he’s doing and offer support if needed. This is especially important because we live far apart from our families and have no one else nearby who can help out if something goes wrong with our son’s sports activities or schoolwork (if there are any).
I also work from home as an independent contractor for various companies around the world through my own business ventures–meaning that it’s important for me not only physically but mentally too! When working remotely on projects like these ones where deadlines are tight, being able to stay focused while away from distractions like social media sites/messaging apps/etcetera becomes imperative…and even more so when dealing with stressful situations such as those mentioned above where urgent attention may be required at any given point during their duration.”
At the time, my son was three years old and active in sports — he plays baseball and soccer.
When I was looking at phones, the first thing that came to mind was how much easier it would be to keep track of my son. He’s three years old and active in sports — he plays baseball and soccer. When he’s not playing sports, he’s running around outside with his friends or playing with toys at home.
I wanted something that could help me keep an eye on him so I knew where he was at all times. And if anything happened while we were apart, like an accident or injury (or even just lost), being able to communicate quickly could mean saving seconds or minutes that could make all the difference in getting him medical attention quickly enough.
My iPhone has a built-in timer that reminds me to check in with him every 20 minutes.
- The built-in timer on the iPhone is easy to use, and it’s possible to set the timer for any amount of time.
- When you start the countdown, a notification will appear on your screen. You can tap this notification to stop or reset it, or just wait for it to go off when your time is up!
Before, I would be working on something and suddenly realize that it was time for me to go find him.
Before, I would be working on something and suddenly realize that it was time for me to go find him. This happened more than once a day and every time it did, my heart would sink. I’d feel guilty about being away from him and worried about what he was doing in the meantime.
I used to get distracted by my phone all day long–it was hard not to when there were so many things happening on social media! But now that I’m using a smart phone (and therefore not checking Facebook), I no longer feel compelled or obligated to look at my phone every few minutes just because everyone else seems like they’re doing so much cooler stuff than me (spoiler alert: they likely aren’t).
For example, if you’re like me and don’t want to see your phone screen when you’re driving, then you can use Siri to tell her to text someone or send an email instead of taking your eyes off the road.
For example, if you’re like me and don’t want to see your phone screen when you’re driving, then you can use Siri to tell her to text someone or send an email instead of taking your eyes off the road. This is great for business owners who need to stay connected at all times but don’t want their clients calling them while they are driving.
You can also ask Siri to call someone in your contacts list; it’s really convenient because it will automatically pull up the person’s number if they have one stored in their phonebook on iCloud or Google Drive (more on this later). And finally, she can play music from any app on your device just by asking her what song or artist comes next after what’s currently playing–or even play something random!
A traditional phone requires a standard landline connection which means dialing “9” before every number.
A traditional phone requires a standard landline connection which means dialing “9” before every number. That’s fine if you have unlimited minutes, but most of us don’t. Even if your plan allows for unlimited calling and texting (which it probably doesn’t), there are still other costs associated with owning a traditional phone:
- The monthly fee for having the service in your home or business
- A separate bill from the electric company to pay for power used by the modem that connects your landline phone service to the internet
Smart phones are changing how people do things in their lives
Smart phones are changing the way people do things in their lives. Smart phones have become more and more popular, and they are changing the way we communicate, work, play–you name it!
- Communication: I used to use my laptop to text with my friends when they were out of town on vacation or at college. Now I just send them an iMessage on my iPhone because it’s easier than typing out all those words on an actual keyboard (and who has time for that?). Plus, everyone has an iPhone nowadays so sending pictures back and forth is easy peasy lemon squeezy.
- Work: The apps on smart phones make working from home easy as pie! Whether you’re looking up recipes for dinner tonight or checking your email inboxes for new messages from clients/bosses (or both), there’s no need ever again sit down at a desk again unless absolutely necessary because everything can be done online these days…even if it means losing track sometimes due to distractions like games happening around us while trying not lose focus during important tasks such as writing blog posts like this one right now…
Smart phones are changing how people do things in their lives. For example, if you’re like me and don’t want to see your phone screen when you’re driving, then you can use Siri to tell her to text someone or send an email instead of taking your eyes off the road. The best part about this technology is that it’s available right now! You don’t have to go out and buy anything special — just download an app on any device running iOS 9 or higher (which includes all iPhones from 2011 onward).